Rose Bowl Competition 2023
Featuring top solo winners in the Festival
from vocal, piano, strings, guitar,
brass and woodwinds
Sponsored by The Kiwanis Club of Forest City-London
The Kiwanis Music Festival of London Inc.
Friday, April 28, 2023 - 7:00 p.m.
Location to be determined
The following classes are provided for the purpose of determining the participants who will compete
in the Rose Bowl Competition.
Rose Bowl Performers receive a $500 award for participation from the festival.
The Rose Bowl winner receives an additional $1,000.00 award from
The Kiwanis Club of Forest City-London.and a small replica of the Rose Bowl.
This Rose Bowl Competition will consist of one winner from each of the following classes:
1413 Open - Vocal Solo - Any Voice
0772-0777 or 0868-0873 Open - Piano Solo
1213 or 1226 Open - String Solo - Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass
0313 Open - Acoustic Guitar Solo
1513 Open - Woodwind Solo
0213 Open - Brass Solo
RULES FOR ROSE BOWL COMPETITION
Rose Bowl Winner 2022 – Madeline Hall (Guitar)
1. Contestants must perform a concert group of TWO numbers of their own choice.
Contestants will be judged both on performance and on choice of music.
Contestants must perform by memory, except Brass and Woodwinds, in Open Classes
to be chosen to participate in the Rose Bowl Competition.
Maximum time limit is 20 minutes.
2. Accompaniment is restricted to Piano (one) only.
3. Contestants must enter and compete in at least one other open class
in the 2023 Kiwanis Music Festival of London, to be eligible.
4. Winners must obtain a minimum of 85 marks in these Special Classes.
5. Only one winner will be chosen from each class. If it is necessary to split a Class into
two or more Divisions, a First Award Certificate will be available in each Division;
however, only that Contestant with the highest mark in all Divisions of that class will be
eligible to participate in the Kiwanis Music Festival finals.
6. Entry fee for each class is $40.00.
7. Two adjudicators will be assigned to each of these classes where possible.
8. Competition open only to non-professional contestants, 28 years of age and under.
9. Competitors must abide by the Rules and Regulations of the current Syllabus.